Minutes of the Monthly Business Meeting
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Meeting called to order by President Doni Smith at 7:10 pm.
The Pledge of Allegiance led by Bud Gerber.
Opening prayer was done by Bill Manion
Attendance sheet is being passed around.
A motion made by Scott Smith seconded by John Cocozza to accept the Business Meeting Minutes from December 4 ,2018 and with all in favor, no opposition, motion approved.
Kitchen Duties: Austin Gentner, Jeremy Crispell, Hollis Olden
President, Doni Smith: Updated the membership on the following items:
- Happy New Year
- Welcome back Macky
- Caldwell Presbyterian church is doing a blood drive January 10, 2019 1:00PM-6:00PM
- Defensive driving class February 9, 2019 8:00AM-3:00PM
- CPR refresher will be soon- date TBD.
- Investigation on Asst. Chief Jeremy Crispell. Doni Smith has a letter from Waterhorse Adventures stating that Jeremy Crispell did not complete his course when it was originally brought to the membership. Bob Leombruno brought back his motion from the December 4, 2018 meeting that was 2nd by Jim Barber stating that he would like to have the membership vote to have this matter go to the Village and recommend to the Village to have him relieved of his duties as a firematic officer. Discussion. Vote; 14 no 6 yes 3 abstains. Motion did not pass.
Vice President Paul Livingston – updated the membership on the following.
- Missing meetings. -letters to people, the list is being worked on.
Secretary, Jessica McKinney – updated the membership on the following.
- No report
Treasurer, Bob Leombruno – updated the membership on the following.
- 21 vouchers totaling $5,637.00
Director, Garrett Ramsey- updated the membership on the following.
- No report.
Director, Mike Parsons – updated the membership on the following.
- No report.
Director, Mac MacDonald – updated the membership on the following.
- No report.
Chief, Scott Smith – updated the membership on the following.
- Call sheets, please do not do them until the trucks are back in service from a call.
- No parking on the ramp, park in a parking space
- Village Section 20 all persons that are able to drive a truck will not be subjected to a drug test. All drug tests need to be done by the April 2019 meeting.
- Eric Mexiner and Jay are black helmets
1st Asst. Chief, Matt Oswald – updated the membership on the following.
- Absent- Chief Smith is reading his report
- Thank you to everyone who was here for polar plunge
- Classes being offered;
- Principles of instruction starts here on the 14th of January at 6:30
- Drills this month all start at 7:00PM
2nd Asst. Chief– Jeremy Crispell
- Good job on structure fires this past month
- Please make sure you are filling out the sheets correctly
- 12/15/18 dive drill. Meet here at 9am to be at pool by 10am.
Discussion on the behavior of Jeremy Crispell was brought up by Bob Leombruno. He stated at a previous meeting Jeremy Crispell was applauded by the membership for finishing a dive course, it was determined that that statement was false and Bob Leombruno stated that he believed Jeremy Crispell is unsafe and unfit for his job. There is a motion on the floor by Bob Leombruno and 2nd by Jim Barber to have Jeremy Crispell relieved from his department and firematic officership effective immediately and to have votes done by secret ballot. Bob Leombruno decided to rescind his motion. A new motion is on the floor by Bob Leombruno and 2nd by Jim Barber to recommend to the village that Jeremy Crispell be relieved of his officership duties by a secret ballot. Discussion. This motion has been tabled until the January 8, 2019 meeting.
Captain Brandon Combs – updated the membership on the following.
- New pagers are in and programmed and I would like to see us get more.
- Call out to get the national grid class
1st Lieutenant John Cocozza – updated the Membership on the following
- Trucks need to be washed off after all calls
- Triple fly ladder on the Tower is OOS, the rope is broken on it.
2nd Lieutenant Austin Gentner – updated the membership on the following.
- No report
Membership, Scott Smith- Brandon Allen, background check came back, just waiting on the Village approval and a physical.
Nominating, Bill Manion – no report.
Auditing, John Kearney – waiting on December
By-Law, Doni Smith – working on them.
Fire Prevention, John Cocozza- no report.
Phil Wood Award, Bill Manion – no report
Scholarship, Don Fangboner – no report
Social, Doni Smith – no report.
Chaplain, Bill Manion- 10 widows. All checks are out and hand delivered.
House, Don Fangboner- no report.
Family Festival/Craft Show, Matt Oswald- no report
Fundraising, Mac MacDonald- no report
Parade/Uniform- Garrett Ramsey/John Cocozza- no report
Public Relations, Scott Smith- no report.
Recruitment and Retention/LOSAP- Mike Parsons/Bob Leombruno- Cell Phone recipients list is ready. LOSAP sheets are being passed around January 2018-December 2018. Make sure call sheets are being signed, you make one fundraiser, and one parade every year.
Vehicles, Garrett Ramsey- no report.
Hudson Valley/ FASNY, Bill Manion– Convention this year will have no dress parade or mardi gras parade.
Sergeant-at-Arms, Bud Gerber- no report.
Auxiliary, Doni Smith- Doni Smith will be going to their meeting on the 28th. Any questions, concerns, or suggestions??
A motion was made by John Cocozza seconded by Eric Beecher to accept the Special Committee and Standing Committee reports as read. All in favor, no opposition, motion carried.
- Jim Barber made a statement that Thursday, January 10, 2019 the Verizon representative will be here at 6:00PM.
- Bill Manion is wondering about the 209-D money. It was the Town’s mistake and it is still going to be determined by the Town of how we are going to get the money for 2019. 2018 money is being determined. Paul Livingston made a motion that we will accept 3 payments in 3 years time for one year $10,000 and the 2nd year $10,000 and the third year is $8,000 in an agreement signed that the payment will be under contract 2nd by Bill Manion. All in favor. Motion carried.
- Scott Smith made a motion to accept the amendment with changes 2nd by Mac MacDonald 22 yes 0 no 0 abstentions.
- Mike Parsons brought up his amendment for December 2018’s meeting for the amendment of article V section B number 3. 18 yes 2 no 0 abstentions. Motion passed.
- New Year, New Department, let’s make changes and be positive, no more rumors, backstabbing, if you have an issue come and sit down with the people.
Closing Prayer – given by Bill Manion
A motion was made by Eric Beecher seconded by Brandon Combs to adjourn at 9:23 pm.