Minutes of the Monthly Business Meeting
Tuesday, November 6, 2018
Meeting called to order by President Doni Smith at 7:08 pm.
The Pledge of Allegiance led by Bud Gerber.
Opening prayer was done by Bill Manion
Attendance sheet is being passed around.
A motion made by Mac MacDonald seconded by Bill Manion to accept the Business Meeting Minutes from October 2 ,2018 with all in favor, no opposition, motion approved.
Kitchen Duties: Hank Chrzanowski, Don Fangboner, Ricky White
President, Doni Smith: Updated the membership on the following items:
- Thank you for everyone who helped out with the basket raffle
- Floors look great, lets keep them that way.
- Good job on Halloween! It looked awesome!
- Any committee that needs to submit a budget please get it in by the end of the month. We will be working on the budget at the beginning of December.
Vice President Paul Livingston – updated the membership on the following.
- No report.
Secretary, Jessica McKinney – updated the membership on the following.
- 2nd reading of the resignation letter from Armondo Andreine
- 1st reading of the resignation letter from Alex Lanfear.
Treasurer, Bob Leombruno – updated the membership on the following.
- 26 vouchers totaling $9,930.95
Director, Garrett Ramsey- updated the membership on the following.
- No report.
Director, Mike Parsons – updated the membership on the following.
- Thank you to everyone who was able to make it to Max Ross’ funeral.
Director, Mac MacDonald – updated the membership on the following.
- No report
Chief, Scott Smith – updated the membership on the following.
- Great response to the past few calls!
- Holidays are coming up, please stay safe
- We need to be checking the trucks after calls. Call sheets will be held until all trucks are up to par.
- People are having their gear messed with and that needs to stop!
- OOS for 8 days ending the 18th, starting saturday.
- We have acquired Still Bay Lodge, that will be used for training purposes in the Spring, 22 rooms, 3 floors.
1st Asst. Chief, Matt Oswald – updated the membership on the following.
- Excused for work-
- Air compressor service is completed
2nd Asst. Chief– Jeremy Crispell
- Pool dive schedule for Glens Falls Pool
Captain Brandon Combs – updated the membership on the following.
- If you are asked to step away from a scene, that is for your own safety and
- During my ff2 class there was a live burn and it got very hot in there which resulted in a steam burn, come to find out, my hood was no good, I am looking at getting new hoods that are better blocking hoods. See me to have your hood inspected to know if they are good anymore or not
1st Lieutenant John Cocozza – updated the Membership on the following
- Members being on vacation,please, if you are available make a response
2nd Lieutenant Austin Gentner – updated the membership on the following.
- Checking air packs after calls! Make sure they are filled and that the sheets are filled out after calls.
- Dive van things being dismantles
- Gas meters calibrated
- OOS 10th-16th
Membership, Scott Smith- 3 applications pending. Waiting for an HR meeting.
Nominating, Bill Manion – no report.
Auditing, John Kearney – no report.
By-Law, Doni Smith – Doing well, next meeting date will be determined
Fire Prevention, John Cocozza- no report.
Phil Wood Award, Bill Manion – no report
Scholarship, Don Fangboner – no report
Social, Doni Smith – sign up sheet for the Christmas party. December 1st at Holiday Inn, 6pm cocktail hour, 7pm dinner, bring a $15 gift.
Chaplain, Bill Manion- no report.
House, Don Fangboner- no report.
Family Festival/Craft Show, Matt Oswald- no report
Fundraising, Mac MacDonald- Scuba patches are in!
Parade/Uniform- Garrett Ramsey/John Cocozza- no report
Public Relations, Scott Smith- no report.
Recruitment and Retention/LOSAP- Mike Parsons/Bob Leombruno- LOSAP sheets are being passed around for this month.
Vehicles, Garrett Ramsey- 331 will be OOS on 11-7-18, going to Albany for a turbo issue.
Hudson Valley/ FASNY, Bill Manion– no report.
Sergeant-at-Arms, Bud Gerber- no report.
Auxiliary, Doni Smith- Thank you letter read from the Auxiliary for the basket show.
A motion was made by Brandon Combs seconded by Austin Gentner to accept the Special Committee and Standing Committee reports as read. All in favor, no opposition, motion carried.
- Bill Manion turned in $830 for t-shirt sales
- Thank you to people who were here for halloween
- Discussion on 209-D money
- A Verizon representative has requested a meeting to speak to Verizon members, he is coming to our next monthly meeting on 12-4-18 at 6:45pm.
Closing Prayer – given by Bill Manion
A motion was made by Eric Beecher seconded by Brandon Combs to adjourn at 8:22 pm.