Minutes of the Monthly Business Meeting
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Meeting called to order by President Doni Smith at 7:04 pm.
The Pledge of Allegiance led by Bud Gerber.
Opening prayer was done by Bill Manion.
Attendance sheet is being passed around.
A motion made by John Cocozza seconded by Brandon Combs to accept the Business Meeting Minutes from July 3,2018 with all in favor, no opposition, motion approved.
Kitchen Duties: Austin Gentner, Lydia Hayes, John Kearney
President, Doni Smith: Updated the membership on the following items:
- Nothing at this time
Vice President Paul Livingston – updated the membership on the following.
- Cell phones. They need to be placed in front of you at the meetings and are not to be used unless it is an emergency in which case, please take it outside of the room. They are a distraction to our meetings.
Secretary, Jessica McKinney – updated the membership on the following.
- Bolton Fire Department has invited us to their 100th year celebration of a parade and little get together at their station on October 13, 2018. They would like us to RSVP by October 1,2018
- A resignation letter from Ryan Tourge was read to the membership, 2nd reading will be next month.
Treasurer, Bob Leombruno – updated the membership on the following.
- 26 vouchers totaling $8881.04
Director, Garrett Ramsey- updated the membership on the following.
- Nothing at this time
Director, M Parsons – updated the membership on the following.
- Nothing at this time.
Director, Mac MacDonald – updated the membership on the following.
- Nothing at this time.
Chief, S Smith – updated the membership on the following.
- Call sheets- please fill them out thoroughly and appropriately even if you did not go on the call and only one or two people showed up please at least add an address to the sheet for fire reports.
- Use caution on MR calls- getting on and off of the boat, going onto peoples personal property
- Congrats to Dennis Mitchell and Austin Gentner for passing advanced open water dive class!
- Policy is in effect at the village- no firearms on the premises of the firehouse. This is a Company and Village Policy.
- Firefighter Joseph Oswald and 2nd Assistant Chief Jeremy Crispell have been suspended for 60 days. This is now turned over to the village.
- Yellow tags come off on the truck at calls.
- Safety 1 is cleared to return to the Department
- Response orders have been updated and has potential for more changes. Please check them out
- Thank you for the great responses to the calls this summer! We had 5 structure fire calls this summer so far!
1st Asst. Chief, M Oswald – updated the membership on the following.
- Great job for all the responses on call
- Please fill all trucks if they are under ¾ of a tank. Don’t ask just do it
- Drills this month will be at the Birch Ave house, the town is talking about doing something with the house soon. Drills this month will start at 1800.
2nd Asst. – J Crispell
Captain B Combs – updated the membership on the following.
- Drivers should go to every hotel to know where FDC’s are on all hotel buildings
- Thank you again for the great responses this summer!
- Newer Ford Transit vans have a battery under the driver seat, if not found under the hood, check under the driver seat
1st Lieutenant J Cocozza – updated the Membership on the following
- Fire fighter 2 starts tomorrow, Fire Officer 1 starts next week so a few of our guys will be tied up with classes. Please respond to calls if you are available.
2nd Lieutenant A Gentner – updated the membership on the following.
- Gas meters will be calibrated by the end of the night tonight.
- Dive drill on Sunday, please try to be at the station no longer than 7:45am
Auditing, J Kearney – no report.
By-law, D Smith – Meeting potentially September. We had a meeting a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to go well
Fire Prevention, J Cocozza – no report
Insurance, D Smith – no report
Membership, S Smith- no report
Nominating, B Manion – no report
Phil Wood Award, B Manion- no report
Scholarship, D Fangboner – no report
Social, D Smith – nothing at this time
Auxiliary, D Smith – turned in their list of what they need for Family Festival.
Chaplain, B Manion – no report.
Sergeant-at-Arms, B Gerber- no report.
Family Festival, M Oswald – Wednesday the 15th set up 6pm. Watch E-mails for notifications. Jay Liguori has donated a cornhole table that he has handmade. Raffle tickets for $5 each. Tickets will be made this week for them. 2 tables of Bell Jar. Saturday night coin drop.
FASNY/HVVFA, B Manion- no report
Fund Raising – M MacDonald – new hoodies will be in soon. Bill Manion turned in $3340 from t-shirt money.
House – D Fangboner – no report
Parade/Uniform, G. Ramsey/ John Cocozza – Going through inventory to see what we have in stock and see what needs to be ordered.
Public Relations – S Smith– no report
Recruitment/Retention (LOSAP), B Leombruno – LOSAP report is not ready for tonight but please watch for it to be posted. Mike made a motion for $900 to pay for in house LOSAP yearly fees this motion was 2nd by Paul. Discussion. All in favor. Motion carried.
Vehicles, Garrett Ramsey – Matt’s Chief’s car has new tires.
A motion was made by Matt Oswald seconded by Brandon Combs to accept the Special Committee and Standing Committee reports as read. All in favor, no opposition, motion carried.
- DEC grant- being sent to the village to see if they will cover the cost if we get approved for the grant.
- Brian Richenbach has not been active for many years. We have reached out to him. He is not responding and Bob Leombruno would like to make a motion to vote Brian Richenbach out of the Company due to lack of participation and lack of communication. This motion was 2nd by Jim Barber. Discussion. Motion carried. 14 yes 1 no 11 abstentions.
- Bob Leombruno made a motion that as of January 1, 2019 everyone on the phone bill policy will get their $400 check on January 1 of every year instead of getting it cut as a check monthly. This motion was 2nd by John Kearney. Discussion. All in favor. Motion carried.
Closing Prayer – given by B Manion.
A motion was made by Austin Gentner seconded by Brandon Combs to adjourn at 8:20 pm.